Re: [V4L] Changing IRQ

> hi
> i think that with 2.2.x kernels, the shared irqs should work fine and i dont

	Should work, and Do work, are separate things. IRQ shareing often
works in 2.2.

> think changing the IRQs at BIOS level is going to have any impact. You can
> disable IRQ in BIOS i.e 10 but then again there is no guarantee that the
> others would not use it. And hopefully all use PnP/PCI rather than ISA. One

	That's what I hate about PCI. They took away the need for
configuration files and configuration programs that EISA had, but they
made it pretty freakin difficult to manually configure anything.

	maybe setpci can work? companion to lspci. I've never used it,
just looks like what it was made for.

> of the things that may perhaps work for you is changing the slot of the
> winTV card, sometimes that helps but i cannot guarantee. In addition, if you
> can manually configure the IRQ with some jumper settings then that will also
> work, that will surely work but i dont think now the cards come with that
> kinda configurations.

	It's been ages since I saw a pci card with configuration jumpers
on it. And I've never seen on with configuration jumpers that worked
properly.

	I once had a motherboard that would assign the same interrupt to
pci slot 0 as the on-board adaptec scsi. This was a problem, since adaptec
scsi cards don't share politely. it would *work*, but it would also crash
a lot. I contacted the manufacturer, they told me to stop using that slot.
I don't buy motherboards from mtech/soyo anymore.

	FWIW, lspci shows 22 pci devices in my BP6, more than /proc/pci
can tell me about. Surely some of them are stepping on eachothers toes. my
WinTV is shareing irq18 (aint apic nice?) with the on-board ide, but I'm
not even loading an ide driver on that system.

	But what this should illustrate is that there's probably a way to
shake up the irq assignment on this board.

	Tried upgrading the bios? I know I did.

	If you get stuck, I can reboot rubix and see what my bios settings
are in relation to pci irqs.

 - Eric