Re: [V4L] RDS in /proc/rds? + MiroSound PCMxx

From: Russell Kroll <rkroll@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> > Hmm, my driver could mimic raw data, but this also not what I want. -
> > Anyway, the MiroSound PCM20 radio gives just a small subset of all
> > available RDS-features (comparable with car radios which usually just
> > use the most known services like Radiotext or Alternative Frequencies).
>
> Maybe the better solution is to parse within the Cadet driver but still
> provide the raw data for people who want to do it themselves.  This would
> also provide a hook for parsing the in-house types without bloating the
> driver for each one.

Okay. How the raw data socket looks like is currently your choice. (:

> > The Cadet card seems to be more mighty. - Is this card still available
> > on the market?
>
> http://www.adstech.com/ seems to have a number of links to online
> retailers.  You can probably find one with it in stock through there.

Quite informativ. Useful RDS links.

> $ cat /proc/rds/radio0/radiotext
> SAX Smooth Jazz
>
> $ cat /proc/rds/radio0/progname
> The Sax
>
> $ cat /proc/rds/radio0/callsign
> KSKX

Hmmm, do we use the official terms like RT, PS, PI, AF and CT?
Or the same unabbreviated: radiotext, programmeservicename,
programmeidentification, alternativefrequencies?
No.
Maybe some shortened one: radiotext, servicename, identification,
type.
I'm unsure about timedate (CT, clock time and date) and altfrequencies
(AF).

And how to present the TP/TA traffic-stuff, the altfreqs, timedate and
type?
$ cat /proc/rds/radio0/tpta
10  <-- maybe binary, too?

$ cat /proc/rds/radio0/type
08 Science

And how to switch form RDS to RBDS (08 Soft Rock :)?

I'm unaware, whether I will find the hidden altfreq feature on my card
- the original hardwaredesigner forgot it... [:   , but we could give
one per line:

$ cat /proc/rds/radio0/altfreq
88.8
100.05

$ cat /proc/rds/radio0/timedate
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 15:22:35 GMT   <-- this is currently unsupported by
                                    some programmers  [:

Ciao,
	Robert