Re: [V4L] RDS in /proc/rds? + MiroSound PCMxx

> Hmm, my driver could mimic raw data, but this also not what I want. -
> Anyway, the MiroSound PCM20 radio gives just a small subset of all
> available RDS-features (comparable with car radios which usually just
> use the most known services like Radiotext or Alternative Frequencies).

Maybe the better solution is to parse within the Cadet driver but still
provide the raw data for people who want to do it themselves.  This would
also provide a hook for parsing the in-house types without bloating the
driver for each one.

> The Cadet card seems to be more mighty. - Is this card still available
> on the market?

http://www.adstech.com/ seems to have a number of links to online
retailers.  You can probably find one with it in stock through there.

> Furthermore I currently dont know how to support select() in my
> driver - it would be a constant polling in my case (no irq)!?

Maybe we can just use a buffer that's filled by the driver and read by
userspace.  Isn't that how the bttv cards do capturing?

Failing that, there's always the general idea of a bunch of files in
/proc... sounds evil though.

$ cat /proc/rds/radio0/radiotext
SAX Smooth Jazz

$ cat /proc/rds/radio0/progname