Re: [V4L] what is a good real-time mpeg encoder?

Justin> "Canek Peláez Valdés" wrote:

Steve> Do a search on MP1E!  This is a little app  that works with both V4L
Steve> and V4L2.   It  will do  realtime encoding to  an  mpeg movie  or to
Steve> standard out (Default). If you are recording a movie, you'll want to
Steve> re-encode   it since  the compression   is only so-so.   This is  an
Steve> excellent application!!!! There are remuxers out  there that you can
Steve> use. When you use it, just kick it out to a file.
>>  Have you an URL?
>>
>> Canek

Justin> Any sunsite mirror:

Justin> under apps/sound/convert/mp1e...

Justin> Don't  ask me how it  ended up in "sound"  (perhaps because it also
Justin> does mpeg audio?).

Justin> -justin

Thanks; I got it. And it works very nice.

But I want the URL for documentation and info in general. The package has
almost nothing. I want information about a lot of things:

1.- The configuration files.
2.- How to change te input (a patch was send to the list, but is for
mp1e-1.7x, and I got mp1e-1.8).
3.- And many others :)

Anyone knows if the author has a web page?

Canek