Re: [V4L] what is a good real-time mpeg encoder?

Do a search on MP1E! This is a little app that works with both V4L and
V4L2. It will do realtime encoding to an mpeg movie or to standard out
(Default). If you are recording a movie, you'll want to re-encode it since
the compression is only so-so. This is an excellent application!!!! There
are remuxers out there that you can use. When you use it, just kick it out
to a file.

mp1e < my_movie_file.mpg

or if you would like to stream it,

mp1e | mtv -