Re: [V4L] what is a good real-time mpeg encoder?

mp1e 1.8.0-pre3 does a pretty good job when I use it with my bttv card and
the v4l2 driver. It records IBP mpeg streams with audio in real time. 30fps
352x240 2.5mbit video with a stereo 160kbit soundtrack uses about 30% CPU
time on my Celeron 366@550 w/ pc100 memory. Audio synchronization seems
accurate. I've been able to make decent double-bitrate VCD's from the files
it produces.

I've never made fame work. It crashes my box very quickly. The mjpeg modes
in broadcast 2000 and xawtv never worked right for me.

--
Brian Ristuccia
brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx