Re: [V4L] mpeg2 optimization ...?

vinod kumar wrote:

> HI
>         Is anyone here working on optimizing MSSG mpeg2 encoder ....?
> please let me if anyone is. I would also like to know if there is any
> optimized software encoder available ...
>
> thanx in advance
> regards
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------o.
> Vinod Kumar M.V.                                                        ||

You'll like the announcement to this list that posted
yesterday then ;-).

The encoder I'm working on is indeed an optimized version of
the MSSG encoder.

Downloads (until I can figure out why the damn
file hasn't appeared on anon ftp at sourceforge)

http://download.sourceforge.net/mjpeg/mjpeg_beta_1.tar.gz

Alternate:

http://userpc33.comlab.ox.ac.uk/mjpeg_beta_1.tar.gz

The previously published sourceforge URL was wrong
I had expected the file to appear in the projects
anonymous ftp area non the main sourceforge download.

Ho hum.

Actually, I'm far from the only one working in this
area.   There's  a very solid Windows-based project
running "bbmpeg" (see www.delphi.com/bbmpeg_ug) who
have done excellent work bringing MPEG-2 and SVCD
support to production strength plus also some signficant
motion compensation improvements.  I will be mergeing
a lot of their stuff over the next few weeks.

Andrew