Hauppauge Recommendations Please

Good day everyone,

I have recently installed a Pinnacle PCTV on RH9 (kernel 2.2.20-20.9
with Win4Lin and Alsa patches) without success in the tuner department.
I have tried kernel 2.6.0  + Gerd's patches (I am unable to upgrade
mod-utils without braking the system), tried vanilla 2.4.23 with Gerd's
patch set - again no tuner action. This is the Red card with MT2050
tuner. I am unable to use the 0.7x and 0.9x packages with the RedHat
kernel, despite successful attempts to modify bttv 0.7.107 to allow
compilation for the RH kernel (allowing for differing remap_page_range()
param list.

I have decided to donate this card to my kid's XP machine, and try again
with an Hauppauge card. I am undecided between WinTV-GO-FM and
WinTV-USB-FM, the USB unit would be handy as I could then use it on the
go with my Linux laptop as well as my Workstation.

I have found the  USBvision driver project, and it appears the USB unit
is supported. My questions are:

1. Does anyone have good/bad feedback regarding the USB model?
2. Does the USB model provide better/worse performance and/or quality?
3. Does anyone with Pinnacle PCTV (v2.2) experience have any tips other
than what is recorded in this mailing list?

Many thanks,

Wayne A Osborn