Re: capture card recomendations

Hi all,

[ I'm new to this list, and I'm hoping I'm not speaking out of turn. My apologies if I am. ]

I'm using a Leadtek WinFast TV2000 XP (PCI) card. It's an OK card, and works fine under Linux (Red Hat 7.3). The quality isn't stellar, but that might also be a function of the signal as I'm using an external antenna, since we don't have cable. Oh, I'm also unable to pick up UHF channels, since those are mapped differently than CATV channels -- I don't know if the card is capable of picking up UHF channels.

The card uses the bttv driver.  I believe it's based on the old 878 chips.

The card also comes with an FM radio tuner, which also works fine under Linux (using 'radio' for example). One thing, though -- all the stations are in monaural; I'm not sure if I have to do something to force the card to pick up the stations in stereo (any ideas?).

Hope this helps.

-Jon
12/18/2003

Michel Bardiaux wrote:
Dirk.Weigenand wrote:

Michel Bardiaux <mbardiaux@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

BTW is your WinTV-GO one of the 'old' 878-based or one of the 'new'
based on the 88x? I might have missed the announcement of the 88x
driver.

The cx88xx driver is contained in the video4linux snapshots from
http://bytesex.org/snapshots.

Thanks, I see it now, it's in V4L2 only. We use V4l and the 0.7 now. We will certainly migrate to V4L2 and 0.9 someday but right now I have other priorities.

Or do we *just* have to replace the 0.7 with 0.9? Will V4L1 work then?

I use it for my WinTV-FM card on an EPOX 8KTA3+ (VIA KTA133A chip set).

Both video and radio work.

regards,
        Dirk