Re: Frames come in bursty when capturing with low framerate

v4l@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

That's what I used before, and that works ok. The problem is that I'm using
4 or more grabbers in one PC now, and capturing everything and skipping
frames causes too much data on the PCI bus, resulting in image distortion.
(distorted horizontal lines at random places, etc)...

Then you have to synchronise your QBUFs on the video synchro

(1) DQBUF a frame; that gives you a timestamp for the frame start

(2) Add 20 msec, to be approx. in the middle of the frame, to avoid possible jitter problems. If you wish to skip the next frame, add 40 msec. Queue a timer.

(3) When timer expires, QBUF.

Just my 2Ec, I never tried something like that.

BTW I am not sure a regular pattern of grab-or-drop is the best, it might produce stroboscope artifacts; a random choice with 40% chance might be better.

--
Michel Bardiaux
Peaktime Belgium S.A.  Bd. du Souverain, 191  B-1160 Bruxelles