Re: satellite cards?

Bryan Koschmann - GKT wrote:

I've seen one or two tuner cards that support digital cable, but are there
any that support dish network (satellite)? Specifically ones that are v4l
friendly :)
I don't have any experience with anything like that, but if it would help, you might try the linux-dvb mailing list. But I'll assume you've already checked out www.linuxtv.org. For the fun of it I poked around Google for a few minutes and came up with references to the Hauppauge WinTV-S card and a Broadlogic BL-2030, but the references I found were rather old, and the message posters weren't mentioning any sort of success, just inquiries similar to yours. Might be a decent pointer for an avenue to investigate, if you don't get any replies from people who actually know the answer, at the very least. But hopefully you will.... ;)

-p