Heavy framedrops on 2.6.0-test11

I finally got nvrec to compile with V4L2 support, so now I can actually capture stuff. The V4L1 interface was borked - I kept getting errors when trying to set window size.

Anyway, I am getting ~600 frames dropped a minute, which is completely unsuitable for anything more than watching a powerpoint without animation. Under 2.4.22, I was getting ~1 frame dropped an hour, and when playing media I only dropped 20 or so.

bttv complains of frame skips, but the signal is a clean satellite signal into the S-Video connector. I don't know how I would go about checking the IRQ latency, but the hardware hasn't changed, so it doesn't seem like anything would be affected.

Any ideas? Using the V4L2 extensions would be nice to watch TV and record at the same time, without using a software splitter hack.