Re: How to support hardware controlled time multiplexing ?

Trent Piepho <xyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> > This one.  Havn't found time yet to look into this in detail (your
> > mails still sitting in my inbox waiting ...).  Basic idea is to make
> > one of the reserved ints in v4l2_buffer a input number and add a new
> > bit for the flags field to indicate that the new input field is used.
> > To use the new feature apps must set the flag and fill the input field
> > when queuing buffers via QBUF.  That should be backward compatible
>
> What about overlay?

Use "v4l2_buffer.memory = V4L2_MEMORY_OVERLAY"

> Say someone wanted to start four instances of xawtv on
> one device and have each overlay one of the time domain multiplexed channels
> into a different window?

That isn't going to work.  It still must be a _single_ application
which does streaming capture.  it is just possible to attach input
channels to buffers, so the driver can try to be a better job on input
switching by doing that on the vblank irq for example.

  Gerd

--
You have a new virus in /var/mail/kraxel