Re: zoran 36120 question

Hi John,

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 01:33, John Vera wrote:
> Hi and sorry to bother you about my problem, I run a suse 8.2 and
> downloaded the 2.6.0.test9 kernel, when I switch all options on  the
> zoran 36120 shows but I can’t se it, I need it since I have the Genius
> Video Wonder pro. Besides I read some things about needing the bt848
> and phillips tuner saa7110, any idea?
>
> Is there anyway I can be able to mark as module or insert it in the
> kernel? Well thanks anyway and best regards.

I'm guessing it has been disabled (at least if you select to disable all
modules that will likely fail to build), since it hasn't been ported to
the new videodev subsystem yet. I've posted a patch to do this, but
asked for comments from testers with such a card on whether it works at
all. I don't have such a card myself, so my patch is purely theoretical.
See the LKML archives if you want to try it out yourself.

Pauline (CC'ed) is the official maintainer of the driver. If it works,
I'd recommend letting her know so she can re-post my patch to LKML and
have it applied to the 2.6 kernel. I doubt whether it will make it in
2.6.0, but it never hurts to try.

You don't need the bt848 or anything, as far as I know. I'm CC'ing the
v4l list, too. Other people might be able to give further comments on
this. I really don't know much about it, simply because I've never been
able to try my patch out.

Ronald

--
Ronald Bultje <rbultje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>