Re: writing a V4L api to access a win DVB-s card

> i need to write a v4l api, to access a win DVB-s card, and write some
> functions, so that later someone can write a JMF program, able to render and
> play the stream, using java native interface.
> My only concern is to set up everything in C language, so the next guy can
> easily use my functions and render the stream. unfortunaly, i have no
> experience in C language, or in V4L !!! If someone could help me, or show me
> an example code or whatever, it would be greatly appreciated!
> I have no clue on how to even start writing a v4l api, to access the card...
> thanks in advance

First of all, skip v4l, it is obsolete. Use v4l2. Here you can find the
specs: http://www.bytesex.org. There you can also find source code for
various drivers, to be used as example. Also you can download there the
source code of xawtv, to have an example of the other side of the API.