writing a V4L api to access a win DVB-s card

Hello,

i need to write a v4l api, to access a win DVB-s card, and write some functions, so that later someone can write a JMF program, able to render and play the stream, using java native interface. My only concern is to set up everything in C language, so the next guy can easily use my functions and render the stream. unfortunaly, i have no experience in C language, or in V4L !!! If someone could help me, or show me an example code or whatever, it would be greatly appreciated!
I have no clue on how to even start writing a v4l api, to access the card...
thanks in advance

Nick

MSN Search, for relevant search results! http://search.msn.be