Re: Need some pointers, want to change portions of saa7134-input.c to filter out 0x80000000 events (key up)

Gerd Knorr wrote:

Ole Andre Schistad <oschista@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

is read instead of the real button code the next time a button is
pressed - long story short, this particular behaviour does not work
very well at all with lirc and I would like to remove it from the code.

Fix lircd please.  Don't workaround lirc bugs by screwing up the driver.

 Gerd

Well you are of course correct that this is probably lircd's fault, however two points: 1- I do not intend to distribute any changes that I make to anyone else - it's for personal use only, 2 - I have absolutely no idea how to go about changing lircd; I'm not an experienced unix C programmer, nor do I have the time to become one in the foreseeable future. So even though the Right Way would be to fix lircd and publish the non-broken version, the Easy Way is to change, add or remove a few lines in the driver code and work around the problem - the Mohammed and mountain syndrome really. I do not even need to make the fix future proof really.. once I get everything working I'll freeze my TV box and not change anything unless I absolutely have to.

Cheers,

Ole Andre