bttv, gnome radio audio

Greetings everybody;

One of the things thats a bit bothersome to listening to the audio,
from both gnomeradio and from bttv (via XawTV), is that its sent out
flat, which means its still subjected to the 75 microsecond
pre-emphasis of the broadcast signal.

As nearly all methods of fm broadcasting entail the use of a
pre-emphasis to the signal, it seems to be there should be a place to
set the de-emphasis curve applied to the audio before its sent on to
the audio system.  Where is this setting established, and whats the
syntax to feed it?

Also, from the bttv, its coming in on the mixers microphone channel,
at quite a lower level than everything else in the system.  Is this
also assignable, and a preset gain compensation available for this?

With things turned up to hear the tv, a kmail notification virtually
blows me out of the room.  The amps clip severely.

With gnomeradio, the signal still comes in on the mixers microphone
channel, but since the fm deviation here in the us is 3x what the tv
is, the levels are almost usable.  The pre-emphsis is still a problem
though.

I don't seem to be able to ascertain the bttv version, and I'm running
XawTV with the bttv stuff built into the kernel.  kernel is
2.6.0-test9-mm4 ATM, but this "problem" has been present since about
2.4.18 when it first started working.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M