Re: Help... v4l2 problems

Hi,
  U would have applied the correct patch from bytesex.org and compiled
the kernel. But while loading the bttv driver (in my system i have
bttv based tv tuner card) using "modprobe" see to that the new bttv
driver is loaded. There are possibities where the old bttv driver is
loaded instead of the new bttv driver. so rename the old bttv driver
and load as usual.

Default bttv driver will be at
/lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/drivers/media/video. rename it.

New bttv driver will be at /lib/modules/2.4.20/v4l2. load this.

After loading u can find the following in dmesg output.

bttv: driver version 0.9.11 loaded
bttv: using 8 buffers with 2080k (520 pages) each for capture
bttv: Host bridge is Intel Corp. 82810E DC-133 GMCH [Graphics Memory
Controller Hub]
bttv: Bt8xx card found (0).
PCI: Found IRQ 3 for device 01:05.0
PCI: Sharing IRQ 3 with 00:1f.3
PCI: Sharing IRQ 3 with 00:1f.5
PCI: Sharing IRQ 3 with 01:05.1
bttv0: Bt878 (rev 17) at 01:05.0, irq: 3, latency: 64, mmio:
0xe7bfe000
bttv0: using: BT878(Prolink PixelView PlayT) [card=37,insmod option]
bttv0: gpio config override: mask=0xffffffff,
mux=0x1,0xffffffff,0xffffffff,0xffffffff,0xffffffff

Note the new bttv driver version. This indicates that u have loaded
v4l2 not v4l1. Try this one out.