saa7133 on a laptop

Hi all,

    I've got this saa7133 tv capture card/chip [1131:7133] on a laptop.
I'm using the saa7134 snapshot driver, and I've got video capture working
from composite in/svideo in, but not the tv tuner.

    I've done some researches (basically google) and I found out I don't
get messages like "tuner: chip found @ <addr>" when I load the tuner
module. I then turned on debugging in the i2c driver and it's saying
it's found a range of i2c_range, and so I tried loading
tuner.o with force=0,<addr>. None of them works. And I've also tried
almost all combinations of card type and tuner type for modules params,
still no go.

    My feeling is it's not waking up or finding the tv tuner chip.

    Is there anything you can suggest me to do/check/try?

    Another interesting thing I found is. With the composite in, which
is connected to a vcr. If I disconnect the composite cable, or, even,
just pause the video playback at the vcr, the driver/card seems to be
not happy giving me video data (for example, VIDIOC_DQBUF will fail with
an "input/output error" for the ioctl). Is this an expected behaviour or
not?

    Thanks a lot.

Pigeon.