Re: WinTV-PVR-350 experience

On Sun, Vincent wrote:

> From: Vincent Yau <v_yau2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: video4linux-list@xxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: WinTV-PVR-350 experience
> Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 07:39:10 -0800
>
> Dear All:
>
> I am planning to get the WinTV-PVR-350 card from Hauppauge to put it under
> my
> Linux box.  Wonder if anyone has any bad experience with it?  Any comment
> much appreciated.
>
> thanks

Tons of folks are using MythTV with very good success using PVR-350s.
The best places to get feedback about that card would probably be the
ivtv mailing list and the mythtv-users mailing list. The TV-Out isn't
the easiest thing in the world to set up, but there are some howtos
floating around, and lots of folks on those lists have it working
(TV-Out is still under development, but working well enough for most
people's needs). I don't have a 350 myself (I do have a 250 though), but
I don't recall anybody reporting bad experiences with it.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...