Re: Could someone sum the status on IR-Remote support for saa7134?

Ole Andre Schistad wrote:
Perhaps I can edit this in the source instead - there are presumably a set of generic scancodes used for a given button. Not sure where though, pointers anyone?

saa7134-input.c. Look for the keytable:
static IR_KEYTAB_TYPE cinergy_codes[IR_KEYTAB_SIZE] ...

Alternatively, if only I could get lirc to recognize the remote all of these would be gone. The CVS version is actually seeing the keypresses, and I can record a config file with irrecord - it just doesn't work. Has anyone had time to experiment with lirc's evdev support yet? The lirc mailinglist is a vacuum on this subject - not a single thread discussing these devices, so I suspect that v4l is the most active user (if any exist) of this particular functionality.

I had little difficulty getting it working under lirc. I do use a
different video card though (flyvideo 3000), also I used a ready-made
config file - does the config file you record with irrecord look
reasonably correct?

I just tried creating a lircd.conf using irrecord - its quite difficult
to use due to the remote buttons getting interpreted as keystrokes. I
also found it difficult as I seem to have debug enabled and get screens
full of debugging information which makes it difficult to read what
irrecord says :). I got it to work by using irrecord to generate a basic
lircd.conf file, and then putting the codes in manually.

You might like to look at the attached lircd.conf, and see if it looks
anything like yours. Some of the codes should even be the same, as they
are just the keyboard codes the saa7134 input driver generates.

HTH,

David Atkinson.

begin remote

  name  flyvideo3000