Re: Any reason for very slow drag/resize of xawtv on 2.6.0-testx ?

Koos Vriezen <koos.vriezen@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> > bttv 0.9.x allways switches stuff on/off on the irq handler.  That is
> > needed to get certain corner cases right, for example doing vbi
> > capture and video overlay at the same time.
>
> VBI is new to me, does this mean this works on the same device
> simultaneously (recording and overlay viewing)?

Hardware-wise yes (same pci function, same busmaster dma controller).

> For what I use it, just watching TV, this is quite a usability
> degradation. It's not only moving/resizing xawtv, but also effects windows
> moving or popups on top of xawtv.

Yes, any window clipping change ...

> Are you saying the X folks should fix it, or is there a way in the bttv
> driver to detect these corner cases as simultaneous grab and overlay
> usage (and do the slow stuff only then)?

The v4l module needs some work (also v4l2 adaptions would be fine).
I actually wrote that one, but havn't found the time to work on it
recently.  Many other stuff to do ...

  Gerd

--
You have a new virus in /var/mail/kraxel