Re: Could someone sum the status on IR-Remote support for saa7134?

Hi Ole Andre,

Es schrieb Ole Andre Schistad:

> I see that a lot of changes are going on in the snapshots, and that
> there seems to be some activity in regards to using /dev/input to
> support the infrared remote for these boards. However the only
> documentation seems to be the source itself, and even though some info
> can be gleamed from here there's a lot to be said for the actual
> programmer explaining how things work as opposed to pure guesswork by a
> layman.. so what is the status folks? What I have myself is the Cinergy
> 400 card, and the 2003-10-16 snapshot did absolutely nothing to help the
> remote support - there's no event0 device under /dev/input, and actually
> when reading Geerts announcement it seems that only the BTTV driver has
> this implemented... so I guess the saa71xx driver is still not a priority.

Oh no, indeed it worked perfectly first on saa7134 FV3K on
2.6.0-test6-kraxelpatch1 :)

> I've also seen several patches circulating the boards - do any of these
> work ? Or is there something I missed in the documentation, and maybe
> the remote works after all?
>
> Might as well build a serial IR receiver and save a ton of hassle I guess..

With the FV3K it also worked with test7 and I expect it does with test8.
Just at the moment I'm building up a Fedora Servern system and for now I
can say, that it is working there with 2.4.22-kraxelpatch3 and
saa7134-20031016 too. (for example very comfortable with tvtime's
OSDmenu on tv-output, where you can reach all functions easily only
using the "up", "down" and "enter" keys). Yes, feedback what is going on
with the cinergys is missing somewhat.

Something about how to use it is still in this thread:
http://www.riverside.org/archive/html/video4linux/2003-10/msg00146.html
On 2.4.22 "list" from input tools shows the FV3K on event0. Also dmesg
indicates that the remote is recognized.

Greetings

Hermann