Could someone sum the status on IR-Remote support for saa7134?

I see that a lot of changes are going on in the snapshots, and that there seems to be some activity in regards to using /dev/input to support the infrared remote for these boards. However the only documentation seems to be the source itself, and even though some info can be gleamed from here there's a lot to be said for the actual programmer explaining how things work as opposed to pure guesswork by a layman.. so what is the status folks? What I have myself is the Cinergy 400 card, and the 2003-10-16 snapshot did absolutely nothing to help the remote support - there's no event0 device under /dev/input, and actually when reading Geerts announcement it seems that only the BTTV driver has this implemented... so I guess the saa71xx driver is still not a priority.

I've also seen several patches circulating the boards - do any of these work ? Or is there something I missed in the documentation, and maybe the remote works after all?

Might as well build a serial IR receiver and save a ton of hassle I guess..

Cheers,
Ole Andre