Re: Reccomendation of videocard with Analogue video in

Terry Shipclark wrote:
I am looking for a economic Card that is linux compatible, that has an analogue video in. I am not so interested in the video out, and infact if there was a card with not video out, so much the better, as I want to install up to three separate video cards(or one or two cards with multiple video in sources).

Any recomendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance
Terry

FWIW we are currently using Terratec TerraTValue PCITV to build our systems. It has TV *and* composite input (all cards I have seen do, but I'm in this game since 1 year only!), and is supported by the Linux V4l BTTV driver. No video out. BTAUDIO is supposed to work but I cant make it.

However, be aware that more than 1 capture card can tax your PCI bus: 25x704x576x1.5 bytes per second per card. One card will normally work without problem, two is the limit for a 33MHz PCI bus, 3 are unlikely to work. A card with switchable inputs is good only for a few frames per second.

HTH,
--
Michel Bardiaux
Peaktime Belgium S.A.  Bd. du Souverain, 191  B-1160 Bruxelles