Re: Capture Card

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003, Evan M oseman wrote:

> I am going to purchase a new video capture card specifically for use in
> a RH9 x86 box.  This is going to be for a PVR system, so I need TV video
> out as well.  I've been trying to read through some of the posts on this
> list and can't find good direction.  Does anyone have a solid
> recommendation as to which card would not only work well with RH9, but
> be of good quality?
>
> Thanks very much!
>
> --
> Evan

I have had a AverTV Stereo card for 1 1/2 years working on RedHat V8.0
When I tried an install of RedHat V9.0 the card wasn't recognized so went
back to V8.0.  I did not bother with it since as I keep V8.0 all up2date
but by now V9.0 w/updates probably would recognize the card.

I have cox cable modem and tv as well as telephone so it runs from my
cable tv no problems.
I run it in a 640x840 window to get it to fill the screen.
And the picture quality is great on my 19" monitor.

Warren