Occasional metallic sound when recording

Hi,

I am sorry for the little off-topic message, but I have asked in the
pertinent lists and haven't received any good responses so far.

I am having occasional metallic sound when recording video from a
bttv-based TV tuner card. I sent the message below to the alsa-devel
mailing list but no luck so far.

The audio output from the TV tuner goes into my sound card's line-in
input. When I get the metallic sound, if I increase the volume of the
line-in channel, I hear clear sound, which confirms that the problem is
unrelated to the bttv-based card. The problem is that the applications I
am using (MythTV, for example) rely on recorded audio (as opposed to
by-passed audio.) No problem with applications like tvtime, which don't
touch sound at all.

Has anyone experienced similar problems?

Thanks!

Eloy.-

---------------- Original Message to alsa-devel ----------------