OEM and Video Capture Cards

Hi,

I'm curious if anyone has any knowledge of the OEM'ing of TV Tuner/Video
Cards?  A great number of the cards listed as being supported in bttv
are not available here in Taiwan.  However, I get the feeling, since
Tawian does a great deal of manufacturing and OEM'ing that some of the
cards available on the local market are the same as some of the cards
sold under different names in other parts of the world.

I currently have a PixelView card working fine.  (Weird side note: The
PixelView products are made here in Taiwan but they only are sold with
totally English packaging and documentation.)  However, it does not
support SAP and I would certainly like to follow the "World Series" on
ESPN in English....  But the cards that I found supporting SAP are all
"local" brands and are not listed as supported in bttv.

In particular I've found a fairly nice card from V-Gear and am thinking
of buying one and trying to get it to work...but if an equivalent
already exists....

Thanks,
Ed

--
"An opinion is like an asshole - everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood as Harry Callahan, The Dead Pool - 1988.