Re: RDS driver development

Hi Gerd,
thanks for your fast answer.

> > to define the RDS API in v4l2.
> >
> > Now my questions: Are there any results yet ? Is there somebody out there
> > who is developing RDS drivers and/or has ideas for an API ? Anything else
> > I should know ?
>
> Basic idea is to have a struct v4l2_rds_format, put that together with
> a new bffer type into the v4l2_format union.  Then use the usual v4l2
> ioctls (S_FMT, ...) for configuration and pass the actual data to
> userspace using read().
>
> There are no concrete structs yet.

OK, I'll have a deeper look at the v4l2 sources, maybe I have one or two
suggestions for that...

> In the saa7134 driver tarball is a userspace application for the
> saa6588 through (using i2c-dev) ypu might want to look at.
>
>   Gerd

Thanks a lot for that hint. I immediately compiled that one and it works fine
with my Terratec TV/Radio+. For testing purposes (and to watch radiotext...),
I will extend that application and build a small GUI around it.
The "rds_decode()" function could be used in a driver almost as it is. Or do I
misunderstand something ?

Hans