Re: Newbie problems: SAA7134

Hello Wieslaw,

Op wo 08-10-2003, om 22:26 schreef Wieslaw Kierbedz:

> on 08-10-2003 21:11, yeah@xxxxxxxxxxxx at yeah@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > Hello people,
> >
> check your /etc/modules.conf
> thats section for tv card on saa7134 chip:
>
> alias char-major-81    videodev
> alias char-major-81-0    saa7134
> options saa7134    card=<X> tuner=<Y>
> options tuner type=<Y>
> # optionally - I need to define it twice - I do not now why

Sorry, what do you define twice?

> Replace X with number equal to your cord type and Y with tuner number

Where do I find those?

> tou can find info about that at http://bytesex.org/saa7134

I can't seem to find anything on *that* site (even tried before posting
my question here). Please remember, it's Joe End-user you are talking to
here. Just want my weather girl on the computer screen :)

I am also really willing to learn a bit about the technical matters
involved, and I consider myself no idiot. But there really is a gigantic
treshold. No information/documentation in this field of video4linux,
xawtv and such seems to be aimed at the entry level people like me...

> Thats the basic.

I was hoping it was that basic...

Thank you sincerely for answering, but it leaves me only with more
questions :)

I really don't blame you, honestly, but maybe you or someone else could
try to explain some of these things in normal human language?

Kind regards,

Olav.