intermodule communication

some video hardware v4l is dealing with is in fact only clever DMA engine
with (say) YUV data bus on one side and on board or system memory on the
other side. video decoding or encoding is done by separate chip controlled
typicaly by i2c bus. for such purposes there are currenly these files
include/linux/video_decoder.h
include/linux/video_encoder.h
include/linux/sonypi.h -- SONYPI_COMMAND_*
my question is: wouldn't be usefull to create only one file instead of
duplicating in fact the same defines and structs under slightly different
names? I don't want add just another header file into kernel.
motivation: I need some interface to comunicate with IndyCam which is camera
made by SGI with i2c driven picture paramaters setting (shutter, gain, red
saturation...) and SGI D1 video data bus connected to VINO video capture
device. VINO is able to run two independent DMA, one from IndyCam and one
from SAA7191 decoder. I wrote drivers for both and now I stopped on interface
between IndyCam driver and VINO driver.

	ladis