Re: Output to TV

I'm having superb results with a GF4MX agp in xinerama mode. Search this archive as I posted an xf86config-4 file that starts x with tv out and allows mplayer to run fullsreen on the tv /svideo out. It really works great. I've heard comments that the video suffers for some reason or another with this scheme but I've found that not to be the case. I'll forward an example XF86Config-4 file if you need it.

Daniel

I'm using a GeForce 4 MX with extremely good results. That information from freeplaytv is either out of date, or just plain incorrect. The binary nvidia driver supports overscanning, as well as a variety of other tweaks. Nearly everyone involved in the MythTV project uses or suggests a GF4MX as a very capable TV-Out card, and pretty much always in favor of a converter.

--Jarod