Re: Q. re broadcast synch clocks

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, Michel Bardiaux wrote:

> In a long run of my capture application, I see, at random moments but on
> average roughly once per houre, either 2 or zero frames in one 40msec
> interval (PAL, 25fps).
> This could be due to fluctuations in my system clock (it is NTP'ed but
> nothing is perfect), or in the TV board, or just bad signal from the
> cable company, but I wonder: what is the stability and long-term
> accuracy of the 50Hz synch clock in a broadcast TV signal? Anyone know
> where I can find such information?
according to ITU Document 11/30E (1998),
fluctuations of line frequency can be +/-0.02% and corresponding frame
freq. +/-0.0001%.
but I think, that card is syncing with the source, otherwise, You will
get  garbage  instead of images. :)
really, there is a great problem in all those grabbing hw: no cards with
synched audio. don't ask me why. so, the difference in ADCs frequences
makes bad game in video. but, it seems, that problem touches nobody.