Re: Phoebe TV+FM Help!!! Plase!!!

Mauricio Henriquez wrote:

Hi:
    My name is Mauricio and I write from Chili.

I have the "Phoebe TV master+FM" bttv 878 card in a new RedHat 8
installation, when I run "xawtv" the program start ok and without any error
message, but the image almost all black with all noise image, the card was
detected in the installation as a "Hauppauge 878" or something like that. I
think (and I hope) that is only a configuration problem.

What can I do??
What can I check?? to view or change the current configuration of my capture
card??
Any other idea???
Is possible to work with the "FM" in linux??

It is possible to get the FM working in Linux. First get the bttv drivers installed and working. modprobe bttv and that should identify the card and load the module. look in the modules.conf file and see what your card was identified as. Yours should be card=22. There is an option in modules.conf, IIRC that you set radio=1 or radio=y or something like that. I have an old bt848 card that has FM and that is one of my next goals, get radio set up. Search google.com/linux for radio and possibly combine that w/ your card model number. When you pull up linux and radio you will find some programs you can use to access those functions of the card.
--
" * Portions Copyright (c) 1995 Caldera, Inc. * Neither Greg Page nor Caldera, Inc. admit liability nor provide * warranty for any of this software. This material is provided * "AS-IS" and at no charge."

Hmmm.