basic help needed with km

I am trying to get km compiled and running on a very stock RedHat 9 machine with a mach64 video card. I would like to use it to grab frames. Reading the Gatos page on sourceforge is not necessily enlightening. From what is said there, I should be able to download the km module and install it in the kernel. I chose not to use the unstable version and I find that I get a single file. It looks like the driver source code but I haven't figured out how to get it to compile. I'm not even sure where to put it in the source tree as the make files for the drivers don't know about it anyway.

Does any one have any documentation along the level of the kernel-howto that would show me how to get the video driver installed and at least be able to view video on the screen?

Thanks