Re: Device or resource busy

Es schrieb suriya mohan:

> Hi,
>    Check whether some other process uses /dev/video0 by using
> the
> following command in the shell prompt.
>
> fuser /dev/video0.
>
> Kill that process. Then verify from "dmesg" command whether u
> have
> loaded the upgraded driver. Default loading using modprobe or
> insmod
> will load only the old driver module. Rename the old driver module
> and
> use depmod to load new driver module.
>
> Actually I want 2 applications to use /dev/video0 at a time. Thats
> the
> reason why i got the device or resource busy message. I solved
> by
> upgrading the bttv driver.

Hi,

only works for xawtv-overlay-mode now, because it does different
tranfer. In the source is suggested to read
/Documentation/DMA-mapping.txt and the v4l2-api. So we first have to do

> I am using bttv based "Pixel view play
> Tv
> Pro" tv tuner card. so no idea about saa7134 based tv tuner cards.
> But
> "Hermann Pitton" one of our member knows more about saa7134
> based
> cards.Probably he will reply.

Thanks for the fun with your new stuff, but I don't know much about the
saa7134.
Many people here know much much more. What you saw was me somewhat
overdriven, when it goes out towards 2.6.0 now and that we do not left
something let laying around here.
Lucky I was to have the driver fine now for so long, but I was not fully
aware of annoying problems others have to face and that says all.

Gerds advise to use at least 2.4.22 to follow the changes was serious!
On 2.4.21 the kernelpatch you took, that was tested by me, not the maybe
whatever version of v4l2 in the snapshot directory, what can be in use
now. Also that patch you used  11-v4l2-api-2.4.21-rc4.diff.gz is not
complete and brings not the saa7134 driver and the bttv as usual, only
the now again old changes for v4l2. The saa7134-0.2.9 snapshot I use on
it is not longer in the snapshot directory and the actual one will not
build any longer on 2.4.21, but saa7134-0.2.8 also was running. So it
tends to become a historical research ... and I don't get my own things
up.

For the rest is what you say and maybe some outcome from dmesg after
modprobe.

Greetings

Hermann