Re: saa7134 stability

Es schrieb Tim Connors:

> On 9 Aug 2003, Jason Miller wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if someone could give me some idea as to how stable the
> > saa7134 driver is?  I am thinking about buying a flyvideo 3000, and am
> > wondering if the thing is going to be reliable or not?  I am running
> > 2.4.21 right now.
>
> Under all 2.4's, after some random amount of time of the order of a
> week, my fly3K stops outputting all video; usually this happens when the
> system is being stressed a little more, or the channel is tuned to
> something with lousy reception.
>
> Module unload/reload doesn't fix it, only a reboot does. I know this
> occurs for at least one other person, I don't know what the specs of their
> machine is, but mine is a pretty lowly AMD K6II, so the problem could well
> be just my hardware related.
>
> --
> TimC -- http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/staff/tconnors/
>
> mathematician, n.:
>     Some one who believes imaginary things appear right before your i's.

Nice to debug. If it is, what I suspect, that is what I call myself the
mystery bug, because when I got it noone else seems to have it and it
made me sick.
After a while came Ludvig Omhold (Can you here me?) and I suggested not
to use xawtv, because at this time it allways came up in overlay first.
I don't know if it helped him.

Tim, can you have a look at bug 702539 at tvtime/sourceforge/net and
Billys comments at the hardware site?

If you are affected, to start xawtv in overlay once may trigger this and
"wrong" apic settings with the "right" hardware (via and others) may do
the rest.

That one, I would not call a driver bug, but you may have something
different.

Greetings

Hermann