Re: mmaped rgb data does not line up

I think you find initially its not bgr but rgb with 1 byte missing at the start....(i.e. 1 byte if red missing from the first pixel).

p.

Thomas wrote:

hello, i have a bt878 based hauppauge card, and im running linux 2.6.0-test1. im trying to write a tv program, but when i get data off the card using mmap, the data doesnt seem to be aligned properly. it seems to be in the order: GRB, instead of BGR (which is the order i get if i call read() ). i can fix this temporarily by accessing frame + 2 or frame -1 when i read the data (frame is the address that mmap returns), but this is obviously not what i want to do. has anybody experienced this, and can anybody tell me what im doing wrong? for mmap, im using all the values in the video_mbuf struct given to me with the VIDIOCGMBUF ioctl.

thanks in advance
thomas
spiralman@xxxxxxxxxxxx