prolink pixelview playtv pro sound issues

I have a prolink pixelview playtv pro revision 9D and am trying to capture
from the line in through /dev/dsp in Alsa.... the sound is only coming
through one speaker, and on many channels its kinda whiney.  The system
detected it as card 72, but I tried the other playtv pro settings and didn't
have much luck...  The card could probably work with btaudio--on at least
one of the settings I was able to capture very poor audio from the /dev/dsp2
(analog) btaudio created.   On another setting, I am able to capture the
audio, but its *really* fast chipmunky sounding.  I'm using mythTV, but I
think the issue is with driver configuration more than anything... I'm using
card=70 right now, but card=72 was the 'default' detected.... I have
revision 9D of the card, which doesn't seem to be explicitly listed in the
prior options.

Would attempting to poke around and changing options in the bttv driver do
anything?  (For instance, the audiomux option?)

I've only played a bit with the btaudio....ultimately thats what I want to
use, but does it make sense to try to get btaudio working if the regular
driver itself isn't configured right?  Are there ways to limit the frequency
the btaudio is polling at?

Does anyone have any suggestions on A) fixing the one speaker only problem
with regular line in, and/or B) fixing btaudio on this card?

Thanks, Dane