logitech 4000 quickcam pro - getting a picture only in black and white

Hello,
I use a logitech 4000 quickcam pro webcam on a RH 8 machine.
I use the pwc driver , (from http://www.smcc.demon.nl/webcam/).

This driver does support this logitech 4000 quickcam pro webcam.

(I also use the decompressor pwcx , as was recommended in that web site).

I wrote my own application , using V4L api , for this camera.;
with the decompressor and also without it, I get a picture only in
black and white.

This same camera with theses same drivers give a colour
picture on gnomemeeting; but I had
compared thr IOCTLS of gnomemeeting (in fact, pwlib)
to my calls and did not find something wrong in my code ; maybe
I am wrong.

Has anybody has a clue what can be the reason ?

(BTW , I checked the video_picture colour field (which the VIDIOCGPICT returns ) and
it is 32768 )
thnxs,
sting