RE: SAA7134 Sound disappeared

Rob Nielsen wrote:

> Christian Hack wrote:
> >
> > I'm in Brisbane :)
> >
> I'm in Cooroy (Sunshine Coast) :)
> >
> > I did try using the 0.2.8 release after the 0.2.7 release and the
> > current snapshot (dated 170703 I think) with no difference
> between the
> > 3. It appeared that sometimes I'd get sound and sometimes I
> wouldn't.
> > However, everynow and again, it will get to a point where
> where I can't
> > get any sound at all and can only get it working when I remove and
> > reload the modules.
> >
> Yeah, getting the same thing after a while of running but this new
> problem seems to mean that I won't be able to compile a new
> driver even
> if it does get fixed as I can't even compile the existing releases to
> have any sound (glad I made a copy of the working version
> before I did a
> make clean)

OK - I re-read your original post and now understand what you're saying.
That's very strange not being able to go back to the old version and
have it work. Are you definitely removing and reloading the module?

> That'd be great.  My wife is getting a bit annoyed :)
> Trouble is that
> we seem to be the only ones with the problem so it might be
> specific to
> the Flyvideo 3000 (or even the PAL BG/DK version of the Flyvideo)

That is very possible. It's possible the audio tuner part for PAL BG/DK
isn't working quite correctly. Have you ever experience varying volume
levels? i.e. Sometimes I get what I assume is 100% volume, sometimes
about 70%, sometimes 30% and regularly 0%.

BTW: How are you handling having the two cards and assigning them
appropriate /dev/video and /dev/dsp devices? I am finding it basically
impossible to specify these options with the multiple cards. It simply
uses the first option for both cards which fails on the second card.

CH