Re: capture software recommendations

Bryan> Hi, Does anyone have any recommendations for capture software? I'm
Bryan> looking to do some tv show recording, and I would like some decent
Bryan> quality, but I'm still coming up with about 4 GB for a 1 hour
Bryan> show. This was just using streamer.

Me too; then I compress it using yuv2divx from mjpegtools (I convert my video
to YUVMPEG2 first). Results?

Uncompressed half hour Card Captor Sakura (leave me alone!):

        2120744629 bytes (2 Gb)

Compressed DivX AVI:

        131820808 bytes (126 Mb)

Time? Between 1.5x and 2x, it depends. With a 80 Gb hard drive, I can record
a daily show and compress weekends. A weekly show it's easy.

I record using streamer and the Quicktime JPEG output. I demux the video with
a home-made demuxer (but you can use Bcast2000), convert it to YUVMPEG2 using
a home-made converter (I use the libquicktime library; it's really easy to
use in simple stuff), and then I run yuvdenoise and yuv2divx.

The quality is amazing.

Canek
--
The time is right to make new friends.