SAA7134 - No audio via DSP _or_ card output and others

Excuse the resend (again) - used the wrong account so my first mail
should bounce. Apologies if it doesn't... The message(s) is/are
apparently waiting moderator approval. Who is the moderator?

==

I have just purchased a Flyvideo 3000 card based on the SAA7134.

I'm using it for MythTV (www.mythtv.org) and am having some slight audio
troubles using either 0.2.7 or the 0.2.8 drivers from bytesex.org. Apart
from the audio troubles everything else is working quite well with a
great picture (much better than my PCTV)

Problem 1 (the main one):
When MythTV tunes a channel sometimes the audio isn't tuned at all. No
sound comes through the DSP device OR from the output of card direct to
speakers. If MythTV closes the capture and then reopens it it will
capture fine. Repeat the process and it may or may not work. The
sequence of work / don't work is random.

In pretty much 100% of cases when I close the MythTV capture and I'm
listening through the tuner's audio out, the audio comes on. It's as if
there is some sort of audio mute toggle that doesn't get turned off
(mute off) when the channel is first tuned. When closing, the mute is
turned on but in reality it's toggled off and thus the sound comes
through.

Does this sound feasible?

Problem 2 (minor):
When changing channels, it would appear the driver mutes the audio to
prevent channel changing/tuning noise. However it seems the mute is
about 1-1.5 seconds slow, so you get the noise followed by the mute and
then sound.

After writing this possibly the two are related somehow. Anyone seen or
had similar experiences?

Without SAA7134 docs, it's hard to know where to start. Does anyone have
a proper technical manual for the SAA7134? Or is it under NDA? I'm
guessing Gerd has a copy at least. If I could get a copy, I will attempt
to fix it myself ;)

CH