Re: Add a webcam streams as another tv channel

Hey ppl,
I've thinking on the similar application and what i started doing was that i took up VideoLan project and tried doing this in that..

well the problem is that, I am also implementing th eentire MHP-DVB standard 1.1, including the internet profile, even though , i have read the standards over and over again, and is comfortable with different concepts, i just cant get started... like what to do..? get a DVB card or something? or get a TV card to connect to a TV and start local streaming first?

Just gimme few hints on how to start...!! any hardware suggestions.. ?? links? Btw the reason i am implementing the entire MHP-DVB standard is that i am looking into the possibility of launching a Linux based set top box.. getting the hardware outsourced.. Howz the idea of coming up with an open source implementation of MHP-DVB?

Keep hackn'  :)

Brian Johnson <bjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If people are interested in coding this, that would be great!

Hopefully it can be made generic enough that it will accept multiple, non-cable tv
feeds so that you can have multiple webcams or internet feeds on user definable
channels

--
Brian Johnson
* This is where my witty signature line would be if I bothered to edit this line :) *