Color capture problems

Hi y'all,

I'm trying to write a simple video capture program using v4l, using source
code based closely on that at
http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~sayles/VFL_HowTo/example.cc.  The only real
modification I have made is to output the buffers directly to an opengl window
instead of saving it to files.  However, the only output I'm getting right now
is red.  The problem occurs at the call ioctl(deviceHandle, VIDIOCMCAPTURE,
&mmaps[bufferIndex]) -- this returns true for the red frame, but I get no blue
or green.  I'm running this on an ATI TV Wonder card with kernel 2.4.21.

This is my first time actually askinig y'all for help even though you've been
quite helpful with me just trolling the list  :D  Any assistance is much
appreciated!

--Richard Kirkendall