Re: Pinnacle PCTV pro settings

Donald Tournier wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to get my newly purchased Pinnacle PCTV pro card working under
Linux. It works fine under windows, although it took me a while to work
out that I was supposed to use the PAL-I standard since I live in the UK.
Under Linux, it looks like the modules work fine, but xawtv displays a
blue screen. I read somewhere that this means that the card works fine but
needs further configuration. I'm no expert with TV cards - this is the
first time I try one. Maybe someone can help me to find the appropriate
settings?

I've attached all the information about the system that I thought could
possibly be useful at the bottom of this email.
Thanks for your help,

Donald.

'blue screen' in xawtv means your card is grabbing from the composite input but thers nothing connected there. Switch to 'television' (left-mouse in the xawtv window to bring up the menu).

Then you also need to run scantv.

HaND,
--
Michel Bardiaux
Peaktime Belgium S.A.  Bd. du Souverain, 191  B-1160 Bruxelles