Re: V4L2 and norm switching

Hello Billy,

  BTW, I can send you a snapshot of my V4L2-enabled tvtime, we support
UYVY too, but not as well as we could yet ;)

Sure, I'll test it.

My saa7146 driver will simply refuse calls to S_STD while streaming
capture. Most other stuff will be refused, too, like S_FREQ and S_FMT.

  Wait, why S_FREQ?  Was that a typo?

No. S_FREQ heavily disturbes the capture process (it's very likely that frames are dropped), so IMHO it should be forbidden.

  Also, what about on input switch, should I be stopping streaming on
input switch as well?  I'm worried about it because the API allows for
having different supported norms per input.

My driver will refuse S_INPUT, too. That's too much stuff to deal in a driver with.

Keep it simple: Everything that's not explicitely allowed, is forbidden... 8-)

  -Billy

CU
Michael.