Re: Working LIRC for Cinergy 400 card using SAA7134 driver and patch from David Atkins with two small modifications

Casper Pedersen wrote:

Ole,

Which version of SAA7134 did you do this on??

Regards/Casper

Ole Andre Schistad wrote:

Actually, I didn't intend to send this particular mail to v4l, but there you go.. ctrl+enter is more or less hardwired by now ;)

Anyway, to explain myself; what I've done is fiddle around with David Atkinon's patch until I got it working. This assumes that you have v. 0.2.7 of saa7134 and lirc-0.6.6. I used the 20030610 snapshot of David's patches, as there seems to be a problem with the later version with my particular card at least.

Basically what I found out was that A; the cinergy 400 works just fine if you force the module to load as a Flyvideo 3000 board, the only difference I've found is that the FV3K also has a radio and I think more inputs. Anyway, this was discovered by accident, but once I saw that the GPIO registers were reacting to my remote I realized that using GPIO18 was the correct choice, and that there were only minor tweaks necessary to support the IR on this board.

What I wound up doing was simply to copy some of the FV3K code in saa7134-cards.c to an identical function renamed to cinergy and copy the GPIO stuff from the FV3K board into the section that deals with Cinergy. This, along with Dave's correctly guessed values for GPIO mask, XOR mask etc that are already in the lirc_gpio portion of his patch, turned out to do the trick.

Hope this clears things up a bit more, again it was not my intention to post such a strange message to the list, but I would up sending it without correcting the recipient address. Sorry folks :-/

Regards,

Ole Andre