Re: big endian computer

Ottavio Campana <ottavio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> How does  it reflect on the  program? I mean,  should I swap RBG  to GBR
> while acquiring images from the grabber? Or does the drive on big endian
> computers swap the datas, as if it  was little endian, so that I can use
> the same code?
>
> Does anyone of you have got expirience  about using bttv on a big endian
> computer?

What the application does with the data is up to you ...

v4l2 has format IDs for both big and little endian versions of the RGB
formats.

v4l1 uses little endian, so you have to swap stuff if you need native
byte ordering.  For v4l1-overlay bttv has a dirty hack to enable
byteswapping, which helps making the overlay work in 15/16 bpp on BE
machines (my iMac for example).

  Gerd

--
sigfault